Monday, February 1, 2010

Tervigon WIP

After spending two weeks solid painting I felt it was time for something different. I have decided that it is time to start work on the "Tervigon". I have been thinking about what I wanted to do with this guy since I started reading about it back in December. One of the main things that I want to accomplish is to make him look like he belongs with this army (ie doesnt look out of place) and doesnt look like just a Carnifex having babies.

Below I have included a rough sketch of the initial planning for this guy. I am trying to make it look as much like it is in the Codex while still giving it some of my own touches. One of the main things I am trying to decide on is if I want to make it as is below, or turn it into a spider type MC (which will definitely give it its own look). I have 3 Carnifex kits with virtually non of the scything talon kits used as well as the left over scything talons from my Trygon. As far as the torso goes I am pretty sure that is how I am going to set it up, with the 3 rows of vents as well as the birthing ports in the front with an egg sac around its stomach. I am also thinking I am going to extend the armor plates further down around the egg sac to make him look a bit wider. One last thing I am going to do for this guy is put him on the Trygon base. All my 6 wound baddies are going to be on that large base as another way to distinguish between them all at a glance.




No comments: