Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tyranid Reshoots...

I have been looking through the blog at a bunch of the older stuff I posted and I cant help but see how dated most of my original pictures are. Most of the pictures were taken with my old iPhone 3GS...so yeah, not great. Here are a few of them with my revised lighting set up. While a massive improvement (I feel anyways) I still have a bit of work to do. Over the next little while I am going to start updating my Nids and my Dark Eldar.








3 comments:

Greg Hess said...

New lighting is spectacular. That tervigon...holy moly. What a wonderful job...that looks like hours of work!

Ghoulio said...

@ Greg Hess: Thanks! It's amazing what you can do with a light box and a cell phone these days lol. I finally got some decent lighting and through trial and error have figured out the best settings on my Galaxy S3. Going to be getting an S5 in the new year for hopefully even better pics.

Both the Trygon and Tervigon took roughly 25 hours each, including basing. I actually completely redid the Tervigon base was terrrrrible (seriously...check out the original posting...brutal). The Trygon is the best painted thing in the army though. I did the most layers and washes on it that I didnt do on anything else in the army (was trying something new). Thanks again for the comments!

Greg Hess said...

I can definitely see that hard work put into the models. You should be very proud of them, as they look really fantastic. I love the scheme, and the style you went with. It's quite unique and striking.