Monday, January 21, 2008

The 411th Royal Cadian Regiment

Following the theme of putting my armies up on display, here is my Imperial Guard force. I started playing guard because they are awesome, and I wanted enough anti-tank guns that a Mech Eldar list wouldn't dominate me again. I won best overall at Conflict Ottawa 2006 with this army and was one vote away from winning best presentation at the Canadian Grand Tournament 2007.

This isn't a straight Cadian list, it is a doctrine list and includes:

Iron Discipline
Allow Enginseers
Allow Orgyns
Close Order Drill
Sharp Shooters

Hq
Jr Officer with Power fist, bolt pistol, Honourific Imperialalis, Refractor field and Trade mark item
Command Squad with Medic, 2 x Meltagun and vox caster
Elites
Enginseer with 4 technical servitors and Chimera with Multi-laser and hull heavy bolter
10 x Orgyns with bone 'ead
Troops
Infantry Pl
Jr Officer with Power fist, laspistol and surveyor
Command Squad with Medic, Lascannon, grenade launcher

Squad 1
Lascannon and Plasmagun, Sgt with CCW and laspistol

Squad 2
Lascannon and Plasmagun, Sgt with CCW and laspistol

Armoured Fist Squad
Lascannon, Meltagun and vox caster mounted in Chimera with Multi-laser and hull heavy bolter

Fast Attack
Sentinel with Lascannon

Hellhound with extra armour

Heavy Support
Leman Russ with Hull and Sponson heavy bolters and extra armour

Leman Russ Demolisher with Hull and Sponson heavy bolters and extra armour

Basilisk with indirect fire training


I always try and deploy my guardsmen Platoon into cover and they try and kill enemy tanks. I use my Russ and Basilisk to try and kill as much infantry as possible. The Demolisher advances with the Enginseer, Orgyns and Command Squad towards the objective. So far the only army which has really beaten this was a all marine army loaded with lascannons.

No comments: