Monday, June 1, 2015

Rise of the White Walker - Bane Knight unit Complete!

So I am sure many people will remember a while ago I had some posts of the Retribution of Scyrah army. Started of red with blue OSL and then dark green with light green OSL. While I was somewhat happy with my dark green scheme I didnt enjoy painting it and it was simply way too close to my Dark Eldar's scheme. I never was able to fall in love with painting that army so I eventually traded it for the one army in Warmachine I DID want to paint, and that is the Cryx.

Unlike the Retribution army from day one I knew exactly how I wanted to paint them. I have always loved the undead horde on the Game of Thrones, the White Walkers. I love the blue glow combined with the look of the undead. That idea plus the fact that I personally found the green "Cryx" glow has been done to death and I knew I wanted to do something different. So I went with a snow themed army that used a couple different shades of blue that feature an ultra bright/light blue glow for the "power sources" and a dark grey/blue for the cloth with a few spot colours thrown in. For the armor I didn't want to just do rust again and I figured it would look better with a weathered copper and steel. Below are my first batch of test figs:



No comments: