Update #2, the Mycetic Spore.
This was the number 1 thing I was dreading making for this army and man o man did it take forever lol. I created this guy out of Super Sculpy and a small amount of green stuff for finer details and small fixes here and there.
It has been about 10 years since the last time I used Super Sculpy which is one of the main reasons it took 4 attemps to get to this point. The big thing with this material is it doesn't harden at all until you bake it in the oven, which in some ways is good because you can keep coming back and working on it. Some ways though it can make the project very challenging since it is so soft all the time you have to be very careful handeling it (I missed a thumb print on the one side at the very bottom, only noticed it when I was on my final highlight of the brown). The really funny thing is I thought I did a great job smoothing it out and making sure there were no gouges or rough edges, then I started painting it and noticed just how much I missed lol. Ah well. Overall I am still quite happy with it considering there is no reference art in the Codex and no models in any range that you can use as a base for it. I wish I had put some Zoanthropes for scale purposes but the base it is on is the 60mm base (ie the same one that the Hive Tyrant is on).
After this there won't be any updates for these guys for a while as I have to start getting ready for Greedo's wedding in May and getting my condo ready for my own wedding in September. In the summer though I will be starting my orks as I finally have both an army list I really like and a basing style that I love and will be easy. Another plus for starting orks is that I own almost everything I will need...woot!