Saturday, July 2, 2011

Haemonculi Finished!

I managed to get in a bunch of work last week and I finished off my new finecast Haemonculus and Urien. I didn't get a chance to really post anything till this weekend as I have been busy with baby prep all week with the wife. This article is going to be a two part. First I am going to post the army list that I have been working towards in regards to what I want my "conventional" 1850pts list to be then I will get to the good stuff...pics of the new figs :)

Dark Eldar Final "Conventional" 1850pts:

HQ
Succubus - Agonizer
Haemonculi - Venom Blade, Liquifier, Casket of Flensing

Elites
Blood Brids (9) - Hydra Gauntlets x 3, Syren w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Night Shields (Succubus goes here)

Troops
Warriors (5) - Blaster, Venom w/ Extra Splinter Cannon
Warriors (5) - Blaster, Venom w/ Extra Splinter Cannon
Warriors (10) - Blaster, Dark Lance
Warriors (10) - Shredder, Splinter Cannon, Sybarite w/ Venom Blade, Raider w/ Night Shields
Wyches (9) - Shardnet, Hekatrix w/ Agonizer, Raider w/ Night Shields (Haemonculus goes here)

Fast Attack
Reavers (6) - Heat Lances x 2
Scourges (5) - Haywire Blasters x 2

Heavy Support
Ravager - Flicker Fields
Ravager - Flicker Fields
Razorwing Fighter - 4 x Monoscythe Missiles, Flicker Fields

1848pts

Basically, all Raiders/Ravagers/Razorwings all are armed with Dark Lances. I feel this list gives me a lot of versatility in that it has decent long range anti troop, anti tank and some great options for counter charges in CC. I also like that it has a decent variation in models to help break up the look of the force.

Now for the Haemonculi!









3 comments:

Stahly said...

Looking nice! How was the quality of your cast?

greedo said...

Really nice job. Especially since those look like very complex models

Ghoulio said...

@Stahly: The actual cast itself was VERY poor. Flash everywhere, detail missing (like his fingers lol) and there was a huge mold line down the center. The metal Urien was better in every way.

@greedo: Both models were very complex. Actually some of the most complicated models I have done to date...super fun though. Loved painting both :)