So...my horrible Tyranid addiction continues. I managed to get my hands on both of the new kits (Tervigon and Hive Tyrant) and I gotta say that they are easily two of the best kits that GW produces. I sadly put the Ymgarls on hold after seeing the new Tervigon as I HAVE to paint it so the last part of my 3 part series is still coming, just slightly delayed.
The first thing I started working on was the main body of the creature, specifically the Egg sacs. I ended up putting in close to 5 hours in total only because I was trying something new which really didnt work so I ended up redoing an entire side. Overall I am really happy with how its going and I am still deciding if I want to leave it as is or if I want to do some work to make it look like the Termagants are popping out (like the mebrane of the egg sac is somewhat translucent). Hopefully soon I will be able to get some more progress pics (just started on the brown) and I also am going to do a comparison shot of GWs Tervigon and my conversion (trust me...mine is WAY smaller lol).