Monday, November 29, 2010

Group Shot!

Here is a small group shot of the redone warriors with the Raider and the Haemonculus. I took advice from friends and people on here to change up my colour scheme. I took out the "glow" from their eyes as it really wasnt working for me. I also added a lot more black as an "undersuit" so all the leather, gloves, leggings, etc. which I think helped to add more visual interest and colour variation. Same goes for the red for the tabard which I changed to a kind of skin tone since when you combine it with the other red accent colours like the hair, arm bands, etc. it over powers the miniatures. Anyways, let me know what you think and as promised there will be more shots throughout the week as well as the start of my painting tutorial :)

7 comments:

Larry said...

Those are really sharp. Bravo!

Atreyu@4:44 said...

Look great... for the edging, do you do white and then turquoise? Or just successive drybrushing of turquoise?

Ghoulio said...

@Atreyu@4:44: How I do the edging is starting with a 50/50 mix of Hawk Turquoise and Black. Next layer is pure Hawk Turquoise then I did a couple of layers adding in bleached bone to the blue with the final layer being about 20/80 Turquoise and Bleach Bone. I never really do actual dry brushing anymore. Everything is edge highlighting ie. physically painting on all the high lights.

keith said...

Looks great Mike! I approve of all the changes you made to the colour scheme. Using the red as a spot colour throughout the army is working well.

It would be nice to see the green of the whip used in the same way. Maybe as a spot colour for all the power and poison weapons. Such as the husk blade the Haemonculus has.

Atreyu@4:44 said...

@Ghoulio

Thanks! Great blended effect. I'm finding that while drybrushing looks fine on the table, it doesn't hold up as well to close-in photography. In case you didn't see, I also commented on your last Tyranid batrep.

Cheers!

Ghoulio said...

@ Keith: What you said in regards to the bright neon green is exactly how I am using it. You can't really see it but the cords on their sides as well as the one that goes over their shoulder is the same green. All the power weapons, agonizers, etc. are all that colour as well. I wanted something a bit different for the husk blade though as I wanted it to look like it would suck all the moisture out of your body aka a kind of dead looking grey (black + bleached bone).

Beccas said...

Their amazing. Great work. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.