Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hnefatafl Board and Pieces Finally complete

So in my spare time at work, I've been making a Hnefatafl Board.

The pieces are 3D printed on a Makerbot, and then spray painted black and tan with a gloss overcoat.
The models of the pieces were taken from a 3D boardgame, although I'm afraid I forget which one.  I think it was a chess set.  I used the pawns, the king, and the knights..

The board is a 13x13" picture frame with a wooden base, cork mounted on the underside, and Home Depot stone bathroom 1" tiles as the squares.  I put caulking round the edge to seal everything in.

It turned out quite well.  Looking forward to playing.  I love the game because of its asymmetrical nature.




Obligatory Instagram Image:

2 comments:

Ghoulio said...

What in gods name is this nonsense? Is this like a real thing or something? Do you play it or does it just look weird? Or do you win on a 4, 5, 6 on a DEEE 6??????

greedo said...

Each tan fig has an un-saveable attack but each black fig has an invulnerable save (4+ of course). WHO WILL WIN????